What is the Health Department’s Child Health Services Program?
Our Family Nurse Practitioners provide examinations for children who need
- Childcare and Head Start Physicals
- Pre-School and Kindergarten Physicals
- College and Pre-Employment Exams
- Lead Screening
- Blood lead level screening available for children 12 months to 6 years of age
- Families of children with elevated lead levels are provided follow-up blood work and counseling by registered nurse and an environmental health specialist
- More information is available at the following website:
- Sickle Cell Screening Program
- Testing at no cost upon request
- Sickle Cell consultant from Jacksonville visits Carteret County Health Department quarterly to counsel patients with positive results
Child Health Services are provided by appointment only. Please call to set up an appointment at 252.728.8550.