As of March 2011, the Child Service Coordination Program has changed to a new service called Care Coordination for Children (CC4C).
What is the CC4C Program?
CC4C is a free and voluntary program that helps families with children ages 0 - 5 find and use community services. The program goals are:
- To connect your family with services for children and families.
- To support your children in reaching their developmental potential.
- To help ensure that children are raised in healthy, safe and nurturing environments.
How can the CC4C Program Support My Child and Me?
CC4C care managers can help with finding medical care, transportation, childcare or financial aid. They can also provide you with information about a wide variety of family oriented resources. The CC4C Care Manager will:
- Discuss family strengths and concerns through home visits, telephone calls and other personal contacts.
- Identify programs, services and resources that meet your family’s needs.
- Serve as a link between you and your child’s doctor or nurse.
- Identify ways you can strengthen parent-child relationships.
- Introduce you to parent support programs when available.
- Offer encouragement and support.
CC4C services will be provided based on family need and according to program guidelines. The amount of contacts will be determined by the family’s individual needs and plan of care. Contacts may occur in various settings including the health care provider office, community, and family’s home and by phone.
How Can My Family Get a CC4C Care Manager?
Families may request services directly or be referred by agencies, family members, doctors, hospitals and childcare centers.
To Arrange for Services Contact:
Carteret County Health Department
3820 A Bridges Street
Morehead City, NC 28447
For Additional Information Contact:
- Carteret County Partnership for Children: 252-727-0440 or www.carteretkids.org.
- Carteret County Schools: 252-728-4583 or www.carteretcountyschools.org/excpchildren with link to Pre-School Services.
- Children with Special Health Care Needs Help Line: 1-800-737-3028 or www.nchealthychildren.com.
- Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center
- Head Start
- Beaufort Child Development Center– 252-728-2786
- Coastal Community Action Head Start – 252-223-1630
- Newport Head Start – 252-223-0452
- NC Early Intervention Services: www.ncei.org has links to Children’s Developmental Services Agency (CDSA) and NC Infant Toddler Program.
- New Bern Children’s Developmental Services Agency: 1-866-543-7662.